Saturday, March 31, 2018

Friday, March 30th, 2018


Surprised

Many of you know that I spent the bulk of my spring break in Japan, visiting my daughter and family. When she moved there four months ago, I knew I would be making a trip to visit her. Japan had never been on my 'bucket list', but as it got closer to the date of my travels, I was warming up to the idea. Unlike I usually do, I did little or no research on the destination of my travels. 

Well, let me just say that I am grateful that sometimes we find ourselves some place we never 'planned' to be. I fell in love with 'the land of the rising sun' and its people. 

How can I use this self-discovery moving forward? Perhaps I can be more open to the things that don't initially intrigue me? Perhaps I can research less, and let the experience inform me? 

I always appreciate our breaks for the opportunity to rest and adopt a less frantic pace. Without fail, our breaks provide me with a fresh perspective of some kind - and a new energy for the work we do. I hope this has been true for you!





Calendar:

Week of April 2 - 6th:

Monday, 2nd:
* No Students - teacher work day

Tuesday, 3rd:
* MTSS

Wednesday, 4th:
Professional Development;
*Bus recertification
Personal planning

Thursday. 5th:
* Deborah out of the building admin. mtg.

Friday. 6th:
*DCSD Art Show begins


Week of April 9 - 13th:
State Testing Begins

Tuesday, 10th:
* MTSS

Wednesday, 11th:
* The Beat
* PD: Writing Discussions (bring student writing samples)
* New Parent Orientation 5:30


See you Monday!
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment