Sunday, October 18, 2015

Back In the Saddle Again...


Back in the Saddle Again...

I apologize that Friday Flash is arriving in your email at 9:00 pm on Sunday night! The last few days of my break were spent in Wyoming, where my cell provider was hit and miss, and my sister had no internet. 
I went down to the local 'cafe', located on the one single block comprising the 'downtown' area of Saratoga, Wyoming in hopes that I could use their internet for just a bit to get a quick blog out to welcome you all back from Fall Break. I meandered up to the counter to inquire what the password might be for their internet. The gal just tisked at me, grabbed the coffee carafe and went out to refill coffee cups. This 'cafe' was missing the comfy couch and hip coffee scene and was more reminiscent of the squeaky old wood floors, oil cloth tablecloths and 'sturdy breakfast' type place. As I scanned the room, I took a minute to appreciate that there are yet locations in our busy world, where the fast pace of the web doesn't dominate. I appreciated the local clientele, outfitted in their camo and blaze orange and applauded their passion for their way of life and their strong community ties. I was reminded, yet again, of the power and importance of Belonging.
No internet.
No blog post.
Unplugged and grateful.

I hope your break provided you with a few days of being disconnected from the mayhem that can leave us frayed - even while on vacation! I hope you all had a wonderful break!

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Debbie will be available to help write READ plans and I will be available to help with whatever you might need.
1:00 will be the Portfolio Committee meeting in the library.


Calendar
Week of October 19th:
Monday- Teacher Work Day
Debbie will be available to help write READ plans that day, if you're in need of assistance.
1:00 pm Portfolio Committee meeting in the library
Tuesday- Mandatory Safety Training @ 7:15 am in the library
District Lock Down drill at 2:30
Wednesday- ( No BEAT) Group and re-take pictures from 9-12:30 (Andrea will send out the sign up.)
CPR training for teachers in the library 1:30-5:30. You must bring 6.00 in cash.
Thursday- Love and Logic Training 4:30-6:00 in the art room
Saturday- OLE Work Day

Week of October 26th
Monday- Thursday Expeditionary Learning Conference in San Diego
(Amanda, Billie, Chelsea, Debbie, Hanni, Jody, Kim, Michelle, and Tyler out) 
Tuesday- MTSS/RTI meeting at 7:30
Wednesday- Collaborative Team Planning in afternoon



Welcome back!
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment