Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 7, 2014





Dear Ms. Deborah,

Hello.  I am Shannon Brooks, mother of Michael (4th grade) and Sloan (1st).  After such a fabulous event last night, I just couldn’t let another day go by without letting you know how wonderful it is to be at REMS!  I have tried to tell you before, in person, but every time I try, I get very choked up.  I couldn’t even speak to you on the first day of school, when you shook my hand and welcomed us.  I am so sorry.  It felt so rude, but I was so *happy-excited-joyful-relieved-over-the-moon-elated* that I literally couldn’t speak.  This probably sounds a bit dorky to you, but you have to understand that being here with you & all of your magnificent staff has meant the world to us, especially my son, Michael.  He was so horribly unhappy at his old school.  Now, he LOVES school (can’t wait to get back from breaks) & has been accepted to the Discovery program for next year.  This is a complete turn-around for him & so much validation and encouragement.

I know there is a lot of negativity in the district right now, but please know that my family & many, many others out here appreciate what you all do every day & that you are making a real difference in kids’ lives.

With my sincere thanks,

Shannon Brooks




This was so cute, I had to share. We were having a discussion about how our guiding questions relate to the businesses we're creating in class. 

So, the question was: In what ways are relationships important?

Ashlyn said, "You can use the 4 C’s: collaboration, critical thinking, communication, and creativity for your business so you can make money. But it’s more like 5 C’s, with courtesy."

From Nicole - Thanks!



Pizza and Brainstorming
Just a reminder if you are interested in brainstorming with me on writing an innovation grant to see about developing and providing a learning experience for teachers about Expeditionary Learning.
You're invited to join me for pizza at my place on Wednesday at 5:00.


Sixth Grade Winter Voyage
Lisa sent me some pics AND video!



Here's the link to Day Two Youtube video ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVVhrGbrLEg&feature=youtu.be











































Peek Into Classrooms who were
not taking TCAP








Hanni's Crew having a great time with GoNoodle Brain Breaks



Life Is Art:
Kids Edition











Calendar

March 10 - 14:
TCAP makeup and Science 
Spring Climbing

Tuesday:
RTI meeting 7:30 a.m.

Wednesday:
All School Meeting - Ms. Jody's Crew Leading
PD: Presentations of learning by staff
3:30 Appreciation Circle for Kristin 

Saturday, March 15th:
* Life Is Art 6:00 p.m.

March 17 - 21st:
Week of Student Led Conferences

Tuesday: 
NO RTI meeting

Wednesday:
Imagination Makers Play 9 a.m.
No PD - time for conferences in pm

Friday:
We DO have students
(Please remember to communicate this to parents early and often. This is a calendar change unique to Renaissance. Other schools on our calendar do not have students on Friday. We DO. We DO NOT have students on Monday, following Spring Break.)



Have a great weekend!

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment