Sunday, October 20, 2013

Take a Walk With Me


The view we are enjoying together...
I'm sitting on my porch dressed in a heavy, soft sweater watching the skies change as a storm rolls in. Sitting on the porch is one of my favorite places to be and I'm grateful to be able to sit here quietly and watch the daylight hours come to an end. There is a sense of peace for me in being an observer of the magnificent outdoors. I am so appreciative of the time I've had to be at home, spend some time alone, spend some time with friends and family and to experience a peaceful pace. Not only is a break an opportunity to rejuvenate it is also an opportunity to gain some perspective.

Tomorrow we gather back together to be unified in our mission of creating a community of learners. I am so grateful that we have the day to make that important transition back to our school routine. The day is yours to use as you need.

This coming week my schedule has me out of the building all week. Tuesday I have an elementary administrators meeting (that was terrible timing) and Wednesday I'll be at the Expeditionary Learning National Conference for the rest of the week. Knowing that you'll need to have someone to lean on, I've asked Bill Dowdle (thanks Bill!) to step into my shoes. He'll be available to support you with students and parents should you need him. Of course, you can always text or call me while I'm away.  I'm excited to be inspired at the conference and eager to bring back what I find! Have a joyful first week back!

Now, come take a walk with me! Some of these photos are from a week ago, and keep in mind, I'm no photographer. The point isn't my photography skills - rather to share the fall beauty. This is the route I take for my run (yes! I'm still at it...) and then I back track afterwards to snap photos of what captured me earlier. I am in awe of nature.






Looking south towards Cripple Creek


That's my house to the right...the large rock formation
is known as Crystal Peak. It's featured in  lots of these photos and well
known for the Amazonite found here.


That's Pike Peak in the background

"Quaking Aspen"





October 21 - 25:
Monday:
Teacher's report back/ NO students

Tuesday:
RTI meeting 7:30 a.m.

Wednesday:
Parent Orientation 8:00 a.m.
Professional Development 
* Individual and/or team planning



October 28 - Nov. 1:
Tuesday:
RTI Meeting 7:30 a.m.

Wednesday:
All School Meeting
2nd and 2/3 Discovery Field Work
Professional Development 1:30 library
* Individual work on creating assessments for a content we have individually identified

Thursday:
Halloween Parade 
Classroom Celebrations

Friday:
Professional Development Day 
NO Students

Professional Development Schedule until next break:
* Adjustments may need to be made
* Details will be provided


October 30: Individual Assessment Work


November 6: Student Led Conferences


November 13: Individual Assessment Work


November 20: Grounding piece: Sharing in small groups progress thus far: (share and get ideas)
 then continue Individual Assessment  Work


December 4: Learning Expedition Backwards Planning Collaboration (assessment focus)


December 11: Grounding: Sharing in small groups thus far: (share and get ideas)
*Individual Assessment  Work


December 18: Reflect and record and identify next steps (include a PD assessment)


Warmly,

Deborah


 and have some time alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment